The Malaysian Immigration Department requires representative from the college to escort students through the passport control desk; otherwise students are not allowed through. Non-notification may result in students having to wait for college representative at the airport. If this happens over a weekend or public holiday, there may be no staff available until the next working day.
Please refer to the step by step guide below;
Please ensure that your arrival details are sent to us at least five (5) working days prior to your arrival in Malaysia. Please take note that, failing to inform us of your arrival or providing late information will lead to delays and difficulties.
Details to be sent are as follows:-
- Student’s details (Name, Passport No, and Nationality etc.)
- Arrival Details with flight ticket (Flight No, Arrival Date & Time)
- Agents/Introducer detail (Name, Contact no etc.)
- Pickup/Transportation Details (After clearance)
Students are advised to arrive in Malaysia during office hours (9am to 6pm), Monday to Friday.
This is to facilitate airport pick-up by Malvern’s personnel and to avoid any delays and additional costs. Try to avoid arriving during a Malaysian Public Holiday.
Important: Please plan your travel to Malaysia at least 30 days before your Visa Approval Letter expire.
Before departure, please ensure to bring along the following documents:
- Valid Passport
- Original copy of VAL or Valid Entry Visa (for nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia)
- Medical certificate / Report / Yellow Fever Card (if applicable)
Upon arrival at airport, you are required to proceed to the student waiting area and wait for a college representative to escort you to the Immigration office for clearance of Malaysia entry visa. If you are unsure of the direction, please approach the airport staff for assistance. You can claim your baggage after you have settled clearance If you could not recognise the college representative, please wait at the student waiting area.
College representative will guide you to the Immigration office to go through the Immigration checkout point for clearance.
After clearance by Immigration, the college representative will help you to check-in at the Malvern’s hostel if you have made the reservation prior to your arrival. Otherwise, you may proceed to travel with your friends/family if you have arranged on your own.
You must report to the International Office the next working day during office hours (Mon – Fri, 9 am – 6 pm) for further process of registration and student visa issuance.
- Please take note that it is the prerogative of the Malaysian Immigration Department to approve or reject any visa application.
- Students are responsible to check with the Malaysian Embassy in their home country regarding any special requirements or visa requirements before coming to Malaysia. For example, the student may need to apply for a Single-Entry Visa to enter Malaysia, in order to avoid a fine or being turned away at the airport.
- Students from yellow fever endemic areas (e.g. Africa, Central and South America) are required to take the necessary inoculations before coming to Malaysia. The Medical Certificate will be verified by the Health & Quarantine officers in the Airport.