This programme covers information technology concepts and the practical operation of both hardware and software. You will obtain a solid foundation in the theory and application of all aspects of computing, together with the fundamentals of programming. The disciplines are based on real-world industry requirements and will qualify you to get the relevant skills and experience valued by today’s high-tech companies.
As information technology is embedded into almost every aspect of our daily lives, this sector will continue to experience a positive growth in the coming years. Malvern’s Diploma in Computer Technology prepares you for the job market where you will be able to apply the skills and know-how to effectively execute a wide range of services such as software analysis and management, programming as well as web, multimedia and systems development.
Upon completion of the programme, you will be able to:
- Analyse and resolve information technology problems through the application of systematic approaches and diagnostic tools.
- Analyse, plan, design and implement computer systems.
- Plan, design and implement networking solutions.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor, maintain, upgrade and optimize computer systems.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor, maintain, upgrade and optimize networks.
- Use a variety of scripting tools and languages to automate routine tasks.
- Participate in the deployment and administration of databases within a networked environment.
- Plan, develop and be responsible for data storage to ensure the integrity of information.
3 years (including industrial training)
Students must have completed
- SPM (with a minimum of 3 credits and a Grade C in Mathematics) or
- “O” – Levels or
- Any equivalent qualifications recognised by MQA
If you are an international student, kindly contact us to verify your qualifications against the entry requirements for this programme. We can be reached at +603 2072 5003 from 0900 to 1800 Monday – Friday / 0900 to 1400 Saturday or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon completion, you may further your studies in a Degree of Business Information Technology with us. Talk to us to know more about our Leeds Beckett University Business Information Technology programme where you can earn a BSc (Hons) degree.
Alternatively, you may pursue careers within supervisory and junior management positons in both the private and public organisations such as Web Programmer, Network Administrator, Hardware Applicator, System Analyst, Database Administrator, Software Junior Engineer, Helpdesk Support Assistant.
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students
* Bahasa Kebangsaan (Local Students)
** Thinking Skills (International Students)