The arena of business continues to grow, expand and develop both in terms of scale and complexity. Malvern’s Foundation in Business Studies is a one year pre-university programme. This programme is suitable for secondary school leavers whose intention is to pursue a degree in business and management. With guidance from lecturers, this programme will help students develop into independent learners and enable them to progress onto undergraduate study with ease.
The focus of the Foundation programme is to prepare students with the necessary groundwork needed to enter a business degree. Students are provided with a two way interaction and sharing of knowledge to instill independent study skills and creativity. The Foundation in Business Studies is fully approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and is accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). The Malvern Foundation in Business Studies is a preparatory programme designed especially for students who aim to pursue business studies at the undergraduate level.
Upon completion of the programme, the students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of business concepts in diverse contexts and applications of business theories
- Apply problem solving, design and decision-making to identify and provide solutions to problems
- Apply business fundamentals to the analysis and operation of business methods and tools
- Communicate proficiently in practice to a variety of audiences.
Students must have completed
- SPM (with a minimum of 5 credits) or
- O – Levels or
- any equivalent qualifications that are recognised by MQA
This programme allows students to be innovative and creative, to take and manage risks, to become financially capable and develop a can-do attitude. Furthermore, this programme enables students to have problem solving abilities, effective communication and team work skills.
Upon completion, you may pursue a Degree in Business and Management with us. Talk to us to know more about our University of Wales (UK) Marketing & Management or Business & Human Resource Management programme where you can earn a BA (Hons) degree.
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
* – Malaysian studies (for Malaysian students)
**-Communication in Bahasa Kebangsaan B (for international students)