Personal data refers to any information which may directly or indirectly identify a person which could include sensitive personal data and expression of opinion. Among others it includes :-
- Identification Card
- Place of Birth
- Examination Result
- Education History
- Employment History
- Medical History
Sources for Private Data
In providing the relevant services, Malvern International Academy may obtain personal data from various sources, such as:
- From your application forwarded to us. By submitting any application to us, you are hereby obtained consent for the information to be declared in the application.
- There could be capturing of images or audios e.g. CCTV for safety and/or recording purposes. A notice will be displayed to the effect.
- Malvern International Academy affiliates in competition or observation or research or programmes.
- Your participation with other entities.
- Your guardian, legal representative or guarantor.
- Perhaps there will be cross reference of your personal data for loan application or credit reference.
- Previous education institutions or employers.
- Your IP address will be automatically logged in into our server. In general, we do not link your IP address to identify each link unless if there is any serious breach.
- You may adjust your browser to disable ‘cookies’ to prevent storage of certain information in your system.
Purpose of Personal Data
In fulfilling our obligations, the purposes for which your personal data may be used are inclusive but not limited to:-
- For assessment of any application to Malvern International Academy
- For processing any benefits and services
- For communication purposes
- For advertorial and news
- For general administration and record purposes
- For enhancing the quality of education
- For educational and related purposes consequential to Malvern International Academy
- For replying any responses to complaints and enquiries
- For corporate governance purpose
- For consideration as a guarantor for Malvern International Academy staff/ student applying for study loan/scholarship
- Other permitted Malvern International Academy activities including and not limited to administration, academic and research.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Malvern International Academy is under legal obligation to secure and protect confidential information including but not limited to personal data prior and after PDPA and it is our existing and continuous policy to do so.
In order to be effective in providing continuous service, certain disclosure needs to be exercised. Your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to a third party and/or Malvern International Academy collaborative partners including but not limited to the respective and appointed outsourcing agents for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations to you in respect of the above-mentioned purposes and all such other purposes that are related to the above-mentioned purposes and also in providing integrated services, maintaining and storing records.
In protecting your welfare and/or providing our services, it is very important to transmit or share personal information to third parties, including but not limited to :-
- Insurance companies for processing insurance claims
- Financial institutions for the payment of the financial rewards such as scholarship, loan, allowance and salary.
- Any Malvern International Academy entities/affiliates for any loan/scholarship award or recognition and education-related activities
- Your authorized third parties
- Your guardian or legal representative or guarantor
- Credit Rating Agencies for credit reference in loan related application
- Enforcement regulatory and governmental agencies or by any order of court or to meet obligations to authorities.
Your data may be shared when required by laws and when disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws.
Retention of Personal Data
Any personal information shall be retained by Malvern International Academy in order to serve the above purposes and as required by relevant laws and shall be destroyed and/or deleted in accordance with our retention policy applicable for us in the event such information is no longer required.
Malvern International Academy is committed in ensuring the confidentiality, protection, security and accuracy of your personal information made available to us and it has been our on-going strict policy to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, not misleading and updated. Malvern International Academy would also ensure that your personal data shall not be used for political and commercial purposes.
Malvern International Academy takes a high stand that protection of personal rights is well-established long before the introduction of PDPA. PDPA now serves as an apparent Act to protect and a defined tool to provide transparency and give public awareness in how personal data is dealt.
Subject to relevant applicable laws, sensitive personal data shall only be disclosed upon express consent from yourself.
Access to your Personal Data
You can access and update your personal data by writing to us at:
Malvern International Academy City Campus
11th Floor, Plaza First Nationwide,
161, Jalan Tun H S Lee,
50000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +603 – 2032 3001
Consent is Fundamental
By submitting or providing your personal data to Malvern International Academy, you have consented and agreed for your personal data to be used in accordance to the terms and conditions of this policy and our related policies.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent at any time by writing to us. We may require further details or confirmations if necessary.
If you do not consent or subsequently withdraw your consent to the processing and disclosure of your personal data, Malvern International Academy will not be able to fulfil our obligations or to contact you or to reward you with regards to the above purposes and/or other purposes which are related to the above purposes.
Application of this Policy