The demand for Financial Risk Managers continues to grow due to the on-going enhancements in regulatory requirements coupled with newer financial reporting standards which are emphasizing the improvement of companies’ management of financial risks. As the world markets continue to experience financial challenges and are constantly seeking solutions to manage financial risk, the FRM® qualification will serve students well should they seek to pursue careers in the banking and financial sectors.
The FRM® qualification is conferred by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) which is a non-profit independent trade association consisting of over 150,000 members, from 195 countries and territories. Members are employed by commercial banks, central banks, investment banks, asset management firms, corporations, government agencies, and academic institutions.
The FRM® certification programme is the international benchmark qualification for the Professional Risk Manager. Since its inception in 1997, GARP has over 30,000 FRM® holders across the globe.
Covers the fundamental tools and techniques used in risk management and the theories that underlie their use.
Focuses on the practical application of risk management tools covered in Part I to specific areas of risk management such as credit risk, market risk, and operational risk.
Questions are designed to be practical and related to real-world work experiences and candidates are expected to understand risk management concepts and approaches as they would apply to a risk manager’s day-to-day activities.
- Foundation of Risk Management
- Quantitative Analysis
- Financial Market and Products
- Valuation and Risk Models
- Market Risk Measurement and Management
- Credit Risk Measurement and Management
- Operational and Integrated Risk Management
- Risk Management and Investment Management
- Current Issues in Financial Risk Markets
Duration and Examination
5 months (per part)
May and November
- Any recognised Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (ACCA, CIMA, MICPA, AIA, ICSA etc.) OR
- Age 25 and above with Diploma; or equivalent.
Brochure and Timetable
- November / December*
- May / June*
* Full Cost
** Intensive Revision Course (IRC)
- Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)