Why A Career in Malaysia’s Hospitality and Hotel Management Industry is great
- April 13, 2018
- Posted by: Malvern
- Category: In Malaysia
When considering a career in the hospitality industry, the allure of landing exciting job opportunities can be too irresistible to avoid. You might end up working at one of the posh, ultra-modern 7-star hotels in Kuala Lumpur or end up abroad at an exotic resort in the Caribbean, Dubai or even beyond. Incredibly, you might choose to start your hotel too.
Quite honestly, the charm of being in deluxe environments all day every day and indulging in the finest foods beats the challenges of long working hours. You’ll meet clients from all walks of life, make friends with them and live a fulfilling life. And to top it all, you get to earn a handsome figure!
But don’t think it’s easy to create a name in the Hospitality and Hotel Management Industry
One of the most pressing challenges is handling intense deadline pressure without compromising on your wellness. Also, if you have problems valuing diversity, most definitely you will find it hard to have a name in this industry. Essentially, you will have to accept putting the needs of the customer before your own all the time.
Hospitality demands that you be someone who enjoys serving people, possess a never-say- die attitude, and can juggle several tasks at the moment. More importantly, you will need to be fluent in more than one language. However, it is almost impossible not to excel in the hotel and hospitality industry in Malaysia if you are empathetic and passionate and have the academic qualifications.
The benefits of a career as a hotel manager
- A gateway to the world – you become eligible to work anywhere across the globe when you have a degree in hotel and hospitality management. No single country in the world doesn’t have a hospitality industry, which means you can work anywhere outside Malaysia. You can even manage a cruise ship and trot the globe!
- Great perks – at a typical 9-5 job, nothing is exciting than getting that much-needed weekend break or that dismal Christmas or Diwali party. However, in the hospitality industry, you are part of fun and excitement every day. Rubbing shoulders with holidaymakers and vacationers aside, gourmet meals are just another alluring feature. Of course, there’s the handsome paycheck!
- The delight that comes with making people’s days is priceless. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a concierge, a kitchen porter, the head of hospitality, or the chief manager, a smile on every visitor’s face is your delight. Your job revolves around making others feel happy and excited.
- It’s not the normal 9-5 kind of job – Hospitality isn’t a job – it is a calling since everything rests on how kind and passionate you are even when the going gets tough.
- Hospitality is a safe bet – you might be wondering whether that Hotel Management Course is a safe choice because maybe someone said there’s a better programme. However, as long as people will still go on vacations, need food and drinks, sleep or do have a good time away from home, do feel optimistic.